Saturday 12 July 2008

"Arboreal imagery? I thought they were just poles.."


As I type, the first week of the summer holidays is coming to an end - quite a scary thought that there's only 5 weeks left until we're all back at school. Though when we go back to school I think its going to be looking rather different. The roof of "the Street" as its known to pupils (the main building of the three) is being taken down and replaced - in fact, they're probably removing panes of glass right now.

I think we've always rather liked the roof, in all its greenhouse-like glory. Despite the fact that it made the school easily confused with a shopping mall, was incredibly cold in winter and incredible warm in summer, it was pretty unique in the area and certainly stood out. As Stephen will tell you, it also looked great empty at night.

I'm not sure what it's being replaced with... Perhaps they payed attention to me after all?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the roof, *sobs*.
It'll be weird without it when we get back.

I still haven't gotten around to writing about it on Stranraer Photo Blog. Must remember and do this.

Maybe I'll just print photos of the roof and stick them all around the new building as a memorial.

StephenB said...

The outrage :(, I cannot believe they are doing this! ¬_¬, It was WORTH taking after-school maths etc in Winter JUST to be in the building when it was dark outside. Stupid, STUPID decision. We Must stop the demolition of our beloved roof. I smell a fundraising event, with baking, and A.W (Posh woman)