Sunday 14 September 2008

Eeek Indeed..


As Stephen has mentioned over on his blog, the past few weeks at school we've been talking about Universities and open days and everything between those two. Incidentally, due to going to the Open Days I missed my period of PSE so I've not yet been told much about the UCAS Applications and Personal Statements, or what they involve, but from what I have heard, I'm terrified.

Well, okay, not terrified as such; more... intimidated.

Intimidated [a bit like my Guinea Pig above] because a Personal Statement appears to involve having to make yourself sound interesting and worth while to the Uni you are applying to. Now, this may not come as a surprise to you, but my blog is called "Nothing Special" for a reason. I epically fail at talking myself up and at the moment, like Stephen, I'm having trouble thinking of interesting things to say about myself. I don't tend to do anything interesting, and even the things I sometimes do that I find interesting are totally NOT interesting to anyone else.

(This is the point where I stop typing, frown quizzically and the voice in my head asks "Why do you blog then, geek? I'm sure you can think of something.")

So yeah, I'm starting to think about what to write so that when I get to PSE, I'll have a few ideas. Luckily, the trusty Internet is at my fingertips and there are plenty of good examples to be found for helpful tips.

*thinks positively*

6 comments:

StephenB said...

I think this is the problem with our group. We're far too Unique and cooky for anyone to understand us as awesome people =/. I think the solution to this is to build a University of our own, where we'd be guaranteed entry. Good thing I saved the cover for the Strathvooey University Prospectus!

But hey, if we don't get accepted by a University, it's their loss! We have a million more IMPORTANT back-up plans to get on with B-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll find the perfect Uni for you. Just make sure it's what you want to do and not what someone else wants you to do. You're going to be the one stuck there for 3 years!

You've got plenty of time to think it over, just don't do something because it seems alright when you're reading about the course. Do something beneficial :)

xx

Liz O'Neill said...

You take really cool photos for a start. BBC Scotland's weather people are asking for pictures just now.

Cut and paste this link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/7451407.stm

Why not send some? They don't seem to get many from Stranraer and the surrounding areas.

Jemma said...

Stephen - Totally! The awesome back up plans are indeed awesome.. they will succeed...

Mrs O'Neill - Thanks! I might just do that, I've been meaning to take a wander down the new[ish] harbour area, will take some photos then!

Jemma said...

EDIT-

And Mee (I'll call you Me, even though I think I know who you are) Thanks for the advice, I'm pretty headstrong as to what area I want to study in, I just have to get accepted. Or make up my mind where I'm going. Blog posts will follow. XD

Anonymous said...

:) I made it sound as if you were talking to yourself, haha. That was fun.

What area do you want to study in? You could easily do Art or photogaphy. And English if you had a bit more faith in yourself! :)

Smile x