Saturday 1 September 2007

Sending Out An SOS.


Just a quick update today as I'm rather taken by a creative writing idea I've just decided to pursue- shall post more details once I get parts written. The outcome should hopefully be really really weird and funny and hopefully a good read (provided its legal of course.) Its set in Stranraer Academy aswell. (Says it all really dunnit)

I'm in the middle of trying to persuade my mum to write a blog post on here as she's just recently switched jobs and become a Learning Support teacher at the Academy, she has been for the past three years but now she's full time. I think it'd be pretty interesting to read. And make a change from mum reading all my posts. :P

Change of song today: The Police & Sting- Message In A Bottle. Incredibly catchy and I like itt.

Must get back to my plan before I forget everything thats in my head. More on the story later.

4 comments:

Liz O'Neill said...

I think that setting would be great. Difficult for some to believe perhaps but certainly gripping. Your mum should definitely try blogging - I bet there are quite a few Learning suppport teachers out there just waiting to chip in as well. Tell her to have a look at some of the scottish education blogs for inspiration. scotedublogs.org.uk

Jemma said...

I think the whole theme to what I'm writing will be very difficult to believe.. but farfetched && fun nonetheless. :)

Ooh, thank youu, I shall deffinately point her over there. She seems interested but doesnt quite know how to start, there's a strange sort of role-reversal going on. Shall keep posed when she does.

Shaun said...

I'll pester your mum randomly if I see her alone at school if you want. XD "Hi Mrs Dornan! You don't know me, I'm Jemma's friend. Start blogging dammit!"

Meanwhile, I'm eagerly anticipating this piece of fiction. Should be absolutely hilarious.

By the way, I got the album with Message in a Bottle for my birthday, and it was in my head for several days after that. Small world, it seems.

Jemma said...

Shaun- I'd love to see my mums face if you did! (She barely reconsises me in the corridors unless James is with me waving randomly in the air.) She starts propper on Monday so she'll blog then no doubt. But do feel free! XD

The fiction is in a very early stage, rather like research at the minute but the first part should be up soon. The whole time zone is mixed up, the reality level is very low but there should be some at leat humours scenes. CSI: Stranraer Academy. Muwhah. Speaking of small worlds, you're in it too. :P