Thursday 24 April 2008

Acrylics and Other Unhinged Things.


Its currently 22:47. I've just finished my Still Life final piece. I've still got an English essay to write, an art summary to write (or else I die), a physics past paper to do and I'm pretty sure there's something else but I cant think what, so please excuse the incoherency of this post but I felt like blogging. Mainly because of the lovely picture, partly because I want to rant and mostly because I'm pretty sure I'm going insane.

The past few days have been frenzied - well, frenzied for me anyway. In a fever of composition, I've spent my time staying til 5pm after school then working at home until 2am in the morning in a desperate bid to finish my art coursework. Oh yeah, Higher Art ain't all that fun folks. To top that off we got our reports out -two weeks late might I add- which I did promise I'd blog about and I will when I actually find the time to read the thing properly. I seriously want some bottled time off E-Bay. Methinks the general message of the report was that I should be okay with lots of revision and that I'm pleasant to teach. Pfft. Just don't get me started on PE...

On this feeling insane business. I've suddenly developed this thing where when I'm sitting in a class and I'm off in a wee world of my own, I suddenly stop what I'm thinking and panic because I sense that someone is reading my thoughts. It's a horrible feeling of fear. I then force myself to think of something else to throw the imaginary person off whatever I was thinking about in the first place, so I don't look suspicious. Can people read my thoughts? Is this what sleep deprivation results in? Or is this what Higher Art does to you? Who knows. If you do, forward your thoughts to the Inbox in my mind and I'll get back to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that inbox in your head full yet?

And it's probally physics aswell as art that is causing you mental health issues.

Give up on art and take music instead and then we can have our own ukulele orchestra!!!

Jemma said...

Haha, Physics. What a LOL. That Plasma Ball thing zapped my brains -well what was left of them- today.

ZOMGosh, I'm sooo tempted to take music. Even though my Ukulele playing is minimum at the moment due to An Unfortunate Event involving a Tin of Mandarins. I'm slowly losing the power in my other fingers now.. *suspicious eyes*

But totally rock on @ your mum and dad for liking them as much as me! XD Totally get them to go see it and take you. I'll hide in your coffin shaped guitar case...

Liz O'Neill said...

Thinking about you guys as you get ready for exams!! Good luck -let us know how they go.

Jemma said...

Thanks Miss, and will do. Getting kinda nervous now, only a week to go...