Wednesday 9 January 2008

Life in the Akademy?


I must apologise, I've not had much time for blogging these last few days, nor drawing cartoons, and I cant remember the last time tidied my room (Yes mum, I know you're reading this, and yes mum, I know its a tip and yes mum, I still haven't found that photo-paper, and yes mum, I love you too.) Anyway, school's been a bit hectic, would you believe its only 5 weeks to our prelims?! Rather doomed with that whole situation. But ne'er heid. Here are some of the things I've been thinking of the last few minutes, and the thing near the bottom is a poster I did for PSE. =]


Things that have been on my mind this week.
·Do you reach a certain age when you suddenly see dust everywhere? And when you do, is there any going back?
·Is the sun frightened of shining over South West Scotland?
·Why do brothers suddenly find a love of drumming and feel the need to practice on every available flat surface when they hit 13?
·Who invented seating plans in school classrooms?
·On that note, who invented First Years?

Pupil Points Of View, Facts About School Life:
·All Art teachers have insane tendencies and short term memories, ie "When I was in Art School, we went to the zoo! And painted pink flamingos!"
·All History teachers have crushes on at least one Historian and one Historical Figure, ie Martin Pugh and Lloyd George.
·All English teachers have lived interesting lives, seen many sights and had many experiences. They also quite often have regal, unusual or literary names, ie Elizabeth, Alexandria.
·All PE teachers are anomaly small and have matching abnormally small feet. (with a serious bad taste in trainers)
·The Science Department regard themselves “cooler” than all the other departments.
·No one talks to the Home Economics Department. No one.
·The Maths Department could be mistaken for a Rick Astley tribute band dressed in Matrix style jackets.
·The supply and cover staff should all be sectioned.
·All Learning Support stall have fetching nicknames and are 32% sane.
·You never see the Librarian enter the library in the mornings nor leave the library at night.
·You can count on both hands the number of times your PSE teacher just hasn’t turned up for class.
·No matter what class you’re in, the whiteboard needs re-calibrated. Twice.
·There is one base where all the best teachers hang out. The Second Year base.
·No matter what time of year it is there is always a broken window somewhere.
·No matter when or where you use a printer, it is always out of paper, toner or even just the will to work.
·The ‘Attention Please’ woman is idolised by all pupils.
·To stop the ever-looming Fire-Alarms-being-set-off-deliberately craze, the janitors place fronts over all Fire Alarms which, when removed, set off smaller alarms. Ohh the logic..
·Pupils are the most uncoordinated, unrefined bunch of people ever.
·The main school building is made out of glass and metal, therefore making it freezing in winter and sweltering in summer. The rest of the school buildings are made from a mix of fluff you find in your tumble dryers and glue, therefore rendering them useless.

Most of those may only apply to the Akademy, as it is a Mental Asylum disguised as a school. Speaking of Mentalists, James has started blogging and I'm sure he'd appreciate a random comment from time to time. Anyway, I must dash, I think I've a Russian History essay to write..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

''·Why do brothers suddenly find a love of drumming and feel the need to practice on every available flat surface when they hit 13?''

Haha. Often wondered that myself.

I would appreciate any random comments.

Jemma said...

I know! What's with that?! Must be genetics. Or something.

As much as I'm sure you would appreciate them, you totally need to blog first! :P

Shaun said...

Hahaha! You know, that sums up life in our rather bizarre comprehensive. Especially the librarian, and the whiteboards. I've often wondered about those two myself...

And although English teachers are always the most interesting, they often have fairly normal names like 'Harry', 'Tom' or 'Jane'. There's no middle ground!

I'll be tracking your blog, James. Let's hope you're more active on it than I am on mine.

Liz O'Neill said...

Jemma - I really hope the teachers read your blog. It's hilarious...
And yes... what is it with the drumming thing?
I don't have whiteboard access very often and I am having to get used to chalk again... clouds of dust everywhere. Bit like an Indiana Jones movie (before your time).

Jemma said...

James- I think I'm going to make finding out why boys feel the need to drum at the age of 13 one of my life goals. Along with other stalker-ing related adventures. Ahem. STOP MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A STALKER! I’m not. Much. Ocht go away and blog. :P

Shaun- They were the coolest department though, plain or regal names! Speaking of them, I have an interesting story for you. Check your Bebo for more details or sign into MSN sometime before I forget. ;) Also, high five for blogging! I shall comment soon enough when I get over the urge to be nasty about a certain teacher we both share at the same time who feeds us, well when I say us I really mean you and the rest of the class, copious amounts of jelly babies. It’ll pass. We all love him really. *chokes*

Mrs O’Neill- I think other teachers would kill me, even if it is all true! Does this mean you and your colleagues don’t have laptops like the Asylum over here? Using chalk must be weird, but far more productive when you think of all the hassle Phoenix creates on its bad days. This has also given me an idea for a cartoon, shall update soon! :)

[Mum assures me there was a lot of dust in Indiana Jones movies..]

Shaun said...

I love that department. Though I am greatly appreciative of the French and Modern bases. ^_^

And do feel free to be nasty about that certain person! I think he's onto me anyway. Please don't take that literally. :(

Marilyn said...

Nice blog. Keep up the good work. Cheers:-)