Saturday 15 March 2008

Sports Relief!


It was our schools Sport Relief Mile on Friday afternoon, and the best thing was we were allowed to dress up! Now, I'll let you into a not-so-secret secret, my group of friends belong in the lower, geekier side of popular. This is actually great because it gives us the drive and ability to excel in Fancy Dress competitions, so we were well prepared for Friday. Well, when I say well prepared I actually mean we had two days to find costumes and get everyone organised. I hate disorganisation.

Luckily, I had had my hair cut the weekend before hand so I had a ready made bob for my character. On the other hand, a pair of knee high orange socks were actually impossible to come by. I even went to a Mall just outside Bristol which has 131 shops in it and couldn't find a pair! I didn't go to Bristol specifically for the socks by the way, we were down in Taunton for two days to go to a family funeral. I did eventually a find a pair though- in my sock drawer, at home. Sods law, eh?

But we did it! Come Friday we paid our £1 and we half skipped, half ran our mile in our costumes. They were a success- even better as we actually made them ourselves (A big thank you to everyone who did! Guys, we were awesome!) It was a great afternoon despite all the running, mud and wind. Sports Relief was officially fun this year. What more of an incentive do you need than to be able to dress up?! I know for a fact us lot were willing to run even more, we should have got sponsorship. I hope the rest of the country have our mentalities and more schools get involved. It's a good cause.

See if you can guess who Stephen, Esme and I were from the photograph above. You should be able to, we won an Easter Egg for Best Dressed. (We look sad because James didn't turn up, I'll let you guess who he was.)

5 comments:

Liz O'Neill said...

You're Velma. Esme is Daphne. James has to be Shaggy -but it's a little hard to tell... Was he Freddie?

Happy Easter Jemma. Hope all is well!

Liz O'Neill said...

Um I appreciate James isn't in the picture...but he is a blond.

Jemma said...

Yup! Pretty much correct! I was Velma, Esme was Daphne, Stephen was Shaggy and James WAS supposed to be Freddie but he was ill that day. :( But we still won be dressed. And got into the Free Press. :D

Happy Easter to you too Miss!

Anonymous said...

That day was most groovy, you lot were ace (apart from James the fiendish non-Fredder).

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good fun - our school doesn't do stuff like that.
our school is un-cool.
:D
-mikey
xo