Monday 31 March 2008

One day, these kids will rule the world.


Scary thought, right?

Today saw the beginning of a thing we call Easter school. Every Easter from Fourth Year onwards we can give up our holidays to go in to school and catch up on work or pester teachers for exam prep. Personally, I use it to put the finishing touches on my art stuff as I'm always lagging behind this time or year. Luckily I have a great bunch of like minded friends who toddle in too, which makes it all the more fun. There really is something special about a school with barely any pupils in it. Its free and quiet and calm with no little first years running around your feet that you just want to trip up...

Its strange though, this week marks the first year I've been conscious of time. Like, the first year I've noticed go by from beginning to end, sorta like my own personal New Year. Its been a year since I hated English with a passion, a year since we were lazy fourth years, a year since I spilt permanent yellow paint on my arrow keys, a year since i last watched Night At The Museum, and year since I badly burnt my arm on a light bulb. Twice. The scars just starting to fade. Its also been a year since this photograpgh was taken. Its amazing how things change. I wonder if I'll look back on this post this time next year? Its odd to see how much I've changed over the course of this blog and it's not even been a year yet.

Looking at the photo taken today, its funny to think we're all going to grow up one day. There's potential for the worlds best Lawyer, Computer Genius, Astrophysicist, Cosplayer and teacher surrounding that tree. Perhaps come Easter School 2009, we will have taken over the world - one blog post at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me want to cry Jemma!
It's going to be traumatising next year at this time when we are all leaving.
And you are right about how we have all changed since that photo was took. Next year we might...all have violent purple hair or something appropriatley dramatic.
(:

Jemma said...

I know! Its sooo nostalgic. I really don't want to leave, I'd be quite happy to stay in the school for the rest of my life. Like, I'd even live in the library in a box labeled Giraffe. XD

Hell yeah, as soon as we get into 6th year we should dye our hair. Preferably totally violent colours. WE SHALL NOT BE INVISIBLE THEN!

Then in years to come, we shall come back as fully fledged teachers and librarians and take over the Easter School as teachers and kick some ass. XD